fredag den 17. februar 2012

my first week as a 'nurse'

-is now well overwith. And it's hard! really really hard! Have to be there at 7 am so that I can check on the patients before they get out of bed. And then I have to help them gettin breakfast and fetch it for those who cannot get out of bed. afterwards I need to get clean clothing and help them bathe.
And THEN I can finally sit down and have a cup of coffee myself. But I have to document almost my every move, just to be able to prove later on, that I'm doing my job well (just in case a patient crashes or something..) - so I'm able to stay clear of any possible lawsuit. which means that in between all of this, I need to sit by the computer and document all sorts of things... yay.
After coffee, I need to take care of the weakest patients. And helping everyone who needs help. and then it's time for lunch (for the patients...)
documenting.
helping patients.
checking vitals.
documenting.
HOME!
-and then off to work even more, at my sparetime-job, or reading up on what I learned at the hospital today...

Life is good :) I like it!
And my 'colleague', Kamilla, is really great fun! we're just running around, playing with the elevators and going to the kiosk for candy a little bit too often.. ahem..

funny stuff! and still have around... 10 weeks left as a 'nurse' before heading back to school for 3 more months before summer holiday.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar